The best way to strengthen our bones I will list below. We know that if our bones are strong we have less chance of a fracture from a fall but also have good balance. Exercise and nutrition are key to strong bones.
- Muscles pull on our bones so use resistance such as bands, weights and body weight to do this effectively.
- Ensure that the exercise you do is weight bearing. Walking, running, dancing, climbing stairs, anything where you carry your weight. So NOT cycling, rowing or anything that carries your weight.
- Higher impact and faster paced exercise compared to slow pace
- Exercise which involves sudden change of direction
- Move more. Long stunts of sitting will weaken not only your bones but your muscles.